Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"If only simply for not what we have but what we don't"














Minnesota is a very special place! The above is a quote from a local Minnesota hip hop artist, Atmosphere. The song is called Shhh! I love the chorus to the song...

So if the people laugh and giggle when you tell em where you live
Say shhh, say shhh
And if you know this is where you wanna raise your kids
Say shhh, say shhh
If you're from the Midwest and it doesn't matter where
Say shhh, say shhh
If you can drink tap water and breathe the air
Say shhh, say shhh

But we do have alot!!! It's clean, green, and refreshing!
I love all the green everywhere even in the cities, I miss the season changes, the open spaces, air too breath, and how uncrowded it is, and yes the tap water...but of course mainly my family and friends!!! They are my roots and my strength so thank you and I miss you everyday!

So very many things have been happening in my life hence the hiatus from my blogging. Recently my branches have grown, to use tree metaphors I guess. I married my kind, thoughtful, wonderful Turkish partner in June. I went back to MN for two months without him though(he had work and a physics class to finish). I spent lots of time with my family! My beautiful sister married a kind man in July. My husband flew out to surprise me so I wouldn't be 'alone' for the wedding. Which helps me understand we can make this distance of Turkey and America work. I was bittersweet about coming back to Turkey. I missed my husband but I enjoyed speaking English, being able to speak to those around me, closeness of family and friends. I had been in California for many years before that and feel a drive to come back home but now is not the time...

I came back to Turkey and am now in the arms of my husband and his kind family. His father has cancer right now and this is where we need to be! Pray for Ali!

I love you Minnesota(my family really)!

I will always be connected now to Ohhh sweet Turkey...

No comments: