Monday, December 1, 2008

First of December...


















I can't really believe that it is December first 2008...almost 2009. Here is the view from the beach of the cafe. As you can see the weather is still quite(really) nice here. Everyone has been wondering how the cafe has been going...well. Pinar my sister in law is the manager. She has been running the show at the cafe while Caglar works his many other jobs. I have been filling in when needed but it is hard since my Turkish is still not perfect to be left by myself. During the winter time we have been relying on the university for buisness. Everyone keeps saying how the summer is going to be crazy busy because that is when all the tourists, Turkish and foreign are in the area. So for now it is a quiet opening and a good job for Pinar...

It is interesting living in a predominatly muslim country for many reasons but now I am thinking about Christmas. I went to Starbucks the other day in a different city, there isn't one in didim, and saw christmas decorations. I got so excited. In a way it is nice that when I go back to the States I will really enjoy the decorations and won't be burnt out from the holiday pressers of giving and shopping that is shoved in your face every year. I wish my husband could come though to understand the spirit of christmas; family time, the big Johnson family christmas tree, santa claus, christmas carols, mistletoe, etc...I have been teaching him christmas carols(he is so cute!). But there's always next year and who knows he is full of surprises! My nephew and I were coloring last night. I was drawing him pictures of christmas time and he drew a wonderful snowman(karden adam)...It will be fun to play in the snow soon.

No comments: