Wednesday, August 26, 2009

37 weeks...


















I am now 37 weeks pregnant. I am big...my belly is big, my breasts are big, my moles are big, my hands are big, my feet are big, my hips feel big, my emotions are big...my memory is small though(I have the pregnancy brain- uh what was I doing?)

We are ready to meet our child, to kiss her, to smell her, to see what a mixture of our two families she looks like. Her due date is September 13th(my beautiful parents anniversary). Of course only like 5% of babies come on the due date and time does fly!

I am also ready to have my body back. Although I still have some fear for the laboring process especially in this foreign land I am also so pregnant and everything hurts just a little from carrying around 12 extra kilos(26 pounds). And really I never knew one could pee so often...

I moan when I get up, I ache when I go down, I waddle everywhere and I can't do most things myself anymore. A painter came yesterday so the ceiling are no longer chipping away and a cleaning women came today to help with the mess and give us a full sweep through to get us ready. I am stubborn and still think I can do it myself- then I try to bend down- lots of grunting and heavy breathing-forget about it- give in to the help! Thank goodness the cleaning women came because I started trying to clean myself yesterday(with the help of hubby)but I am hurting because of it today.

My husband knows my tone, the way I say his name when I have a project for him. Because although my memory is impaired, my list writing skills are very keen right now! My list, his list, our list:) He is a trooper and he knows how to make me laugh when I want to cry:)

It is good that baby growing takes so long, 10 months, why do they say 9? You have a while to get used to the idea. I quickly got over the initial shock of "oh my goodness we are pregnant" and have gone through many stages currently having progressed to the "We are so excited to meet her and now please give me my body back!"

Anyone know of an actual massage therapist in Didim? I wish...

Most important of all this is please just let our child come healthy...her mommy can hold out, "take one for the team" (yes, me in third person) and really I have been really fortunate to have had a healthy pregnancy just these last few days I have been feeling so big!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Emily,

Good Luck in these last few weeks with your pregnancy! It sounds like you husband has been pretty amazing :)

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your little one...and if she's a few days late, my birthday is on the 17th- not a bad day to have a birthday!

Best of luck to you and your new family!
Michelle

Kristin Burke Sevinc said...

Good Luck! I love following your blog as I am also married to a Turk. Check out my blog... we just had a baby and I couldn't imagine what the mixture would be in a child. She is perfect as I am sure yours will be too!! Turk and Americans are a great mix!! :O)

Kristin

Terri said...

As a fellow mommy of a little Turkish daughter I'm so happy for you both! I'm sure she will be beautiful, energetic, and very very opinionated just like our little one!

Anonymous said...

Oh Em. I am so excited for you guys! & I love that you have a more recent pic up on your blog. You look beautiful prancing around in the sea. I'm so sorry that you are so uncomfortable honey. I'm pouring out lots of blessings on you sugar & I hope you get some relief soon--- although I guess that relief comes with a bit of a price tag, but at least you will get the reward of seeing her little face :) I know she will be beautiful-- both of her parents are. I love you & you are on my mind. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Hey.
How Is the weather today?
introduces readers to various types of weather that occur during each season.
The text discusses typical activities and clothing for each type of weather.
Supportive illustrations accompany the text. You can find out here....
Bye now

http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/weather-today.html

Anonymous said...

Hi. Super site weather edinburgh today

http://www.medicalschoolforum.com/forums/members/weather-today.html