Monday, February 23, 2009

Need some inspiration or a positive attitude?


















This fabulous photo was a fabulous time with two of my many good girlfriends who I miss. Deborah, Tanya and I cliff jumping on the Big Island, Hawaii.(I forgot the spots name...anyone?)

This post isn't about cliff jumping though just inspiring adventure and that was a great adventure! I want to point out a website to those of you feeling uninspired lately(me) and downtrodden by all the news of the global economic crisis, everything sucks blah blah blah...It is the TED website, Ideas Worth Spreading.

TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from those three worlds. Since then its scope has become ever broader.

The annual conference now brings together the world's most fascinating thinkers and doers, who are challenged to give the talk of their lives


The first one I watched was from Elizabeth Gilbert, The author of that wonderful little book, "Eat, Pray, Love" and her thoughts on cultivating genius.

There are talks from Jane Goodall, Bono, Bill Gates,Sylvia Earle on the state of the oceans, so many interesting people from a range of themes; design, innovation, art, environment...

I look forward to watching more at TED and hope you will too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi em
How are you and your cute husband and baby-to-be doing...
I know your mom (and everyone..) misses you like crazy....
"Eat, Pray Love" is great....almost done now....in fact I am going up to read more right now....
Sending you lots of love,,,
Nanc

Anonymous said...

Just finished "Eat, Pray, Love". Made me feel very reflective about life. Im needing a little inspiration and positive attitude right now too....