Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy 34th Anniversary...

















“The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.” -David O. McKay


And love her he has!

Our father passed away this morning at 1:30AM Minnesota time(9:30 AM Turkey). My sister said his breathing became labored and they understood the end was near so my mother climbed into bed with him. He passed away next to his life-long love. He waited until their Anniversary, today September 13th my mother and father have been married for 34 years. He waited...

Thank you megs and mom for writing on the caring bridge site...it has helped so much, my distance to read and thank you everyone for visiting it and sharing stories about how wonderful my father is...uhhh was...so hard...

Thank you for waiting to have the funeral service when we get there...I need it...I need to grieve together with you all...I need to cry together and laugh together..hear the stories...tell the stories...with my family...with all that know and love everything beautiful about our KAJman!

Although I will forever regret not physically having said goodbye to you dad I know you would understand it all. You have always been rational and supportive...even of this big move...you have always thought we have good opportunities in this developing country of Turkey. I am so glad you and mom made it here last year. ohhh but it is just so far...still...how did it happen so fast? We know you didn't want to be the sick guy in the corner ever though...

Should have, would have, could have...what if they would have found it sooner...what if you would of stopped smoking years ago...what if...stop.

You would love your granddaughter so much and you will from afar be her protective angel. As my brother said, "You tag teamed...mavisu in and you out", you overlapped...thank god she came early! You will always be connected and she will hear how wonderful you were and it will inspire her...inspire her to be her own unique person...kind and considerate of others...strong and opinionated...happy and smile in knowing that family is so important. I am going to raise her well, as I was so fortunate to have been with help of her beautiful father who I know you approved of and that means so much! You always said Çağlar would have his own private jet one day, my entrepreneur...if only it was now:)

Now every time I look at a computer, see a picture, see diet coke, chocolate, etc. so many things I will think of you and for now it will make the tears flow but I am so much better for having known you...thank you for being you my wonderful, special father!

I love you forever father dear...xoxoxo...thank you for everything...

I promise to take the best care of your granddaughter...we now all draw strength from her new life!

6 comments:

renai said...

Emily,

My sincere condolences to you and your family. I have tears in my eyes as I read these last two posts; tears of joy and sadness at the same time.

Your little girl is simply gorgeous and I am so happy to learn of her safe arrival into the world. Maşallah.

I hope you can get to the States as soon as possible to be in the loving arms of your family. May your father be resting peacefully.

You are in my thoughts,
Renai.

Anonymous said...

Em...I am just so sad to hear that you weren't there in time. My heart is absolutely breaking for all of you. I am also completely enamored by the grace with which all of you are handling it. Your mother is amazing, I guess that is where you get your capacity for peace & happiness against all odds. I just want you to know that I am thinking of you constantly & sending you tearful prayer my friend. I love you & wish you a very safe journey.--- Len

Allison Callahan said...

Emily,
I am so sorry hear of your loss. From the way you speak of your father, I can tell that he was a wonderful man who spent his life making sure that his family was well-loved. What a wonderful legacy for your daughter to grow up hearing about. My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

-Allison

Jamie said...

I am sorry to hear of your father's death. Thank you, for sharing with us your life and what you are going through--you are very brave. I hope you continue to stay strong and get through this time of sorrow and keep sharing with everyone your experiences. Everyone should be as brave as you.

Again my condolences, and you and your family will be in my thoughts.

Jamie

Rose Margaret Deniz said...

Sending you warm thoughts and condolences. So bittersweet, to have a wonderful baby girl come into the world, and to have your father pass so suddenly. Take good care.

Louise said...

Dear Emily,

I'm so sorry to hear about your father and I'd like to congratulate you on the birth of your little girl.

I've only just come across your blog today, and I've spent hours flicking through it.

I've been living in Didim for 9 years, and I'm too married to a lovely Turkish gentlemen called Hakkı (locally born in Söke).

Reading your blog brought back so many memories for me. I too love the Turkish way of life, the people and the country.

Our 6 year old son (Nihat Joshua) was also born here, a strange but not so scary experience as I had first imagined.

We're in the middle of arranging our sons Sünnet, the celebration will take place next Saturday (3rd October). I'm a bag of nerves and I hope I'll meet everyones expectations.

Anyway that's enough of my ramablings, I'll continue to enjoy reading your blog and perhaps one day when I'm in your area I'll pop into your cafe.

Kind regards

Louise :)