Monday, May 3, 2010

Hanies...


















This post is for my mama, grandma, who has been morel mushroom hunting in the woods all week. Tracking her prey:)- morel mushrooms that grow in a big circle around dying trees. Feeding of the trees nutrients it releases back into the soil as it dies. Really cool stuff! I miss her terribly not being able to talk but will be able to today!

















Wow, baby girl will be eight months tomorrow! She is learning so quickly and so very curious! I think she is going to walk as soon as her fat little legs will let her! I love taking our walks together and am excited for when we can pick flowers and beach rocks together!

Such a special, beautiful little child! Maşallah!

There is just something about those hanies! right mom?

3 comments:

aprons said...

Thank you for the post. I do love those hanies so much and what can be done with them. Will she be an artist? a musician? a morel hunter? a builder? Whose to know. I will save some mushrooms to enjoy with you. Love you

Ayak said...

You know your photos are really good, particularly the ones of your little girl.

The first year of a baby's life sees so many changes doesn't it? Not just in them but in you. Life is never quite the same again.

I am looking forward to seeing my "baby" at the end of this week. She is nearly 27 yrs old but still my baby...and of course seeing my year old grandson.

Elisa said...

I love those little hands..Like my Mama said on our last visit home, "I stare at my little girl, (she is referring to my daughter) and just wonder how many things she has seen with those little eyes of her, they are like little shining stars"....and I would have to agree. SO many things to see, to touch!