Sunday, October 31, 2010

Gözleme and Didim on the TV



Gözleme is usually translated as a Turkish-style pancake but from my world view I would compare it to a stuffed thin tortilla or crepe. The actual "bread" part is called a yufka and of course most delicious fresh made! We were lucky our neighbor was making some last Sunday...yum!




She rolls the dough out with a thin rolling pin until translucent on that little table made just for this. Then adds delicious things like spinach, cheese and herbs. She also made spicy ones with peppers added. Lots of good olive oil!



Spooning sweet tahini (sesame paste mixed with sugar and water) with olive oil...

/>

The final product cooked on a heated metal dome. Texture and taste are wonderful!

Also just as yesterday I was complaining that after 3 yrs the goverment has not lifted the ban on youtube- guess what today it is open! Finally!

So I happily watched House Hunters International's program on Didim...who knew...

You can watch parts 1,2,3 here (even if you live in Turkey now!)

Also I can find you a house:)!

Also here is Istanbul on the Bachelorette TV show...I'm just saying people I live in a cool place...come visit please...also the cistern is magical...

6 comments:

mag said...

so glad you are blogging regularly (???) now! Look delish, which I could have a taste!

Caroline Scott said...

oh good! i'm glad you watched! i LOVE gozleme...

Mimmi said...

ohh they're delicious...
you have to try it with nutella and bananas : )))

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Youtube!!!! The food looks amazing Em!! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Yay for youtube!!!! Do you have any channels on tv from the Us? My hubbys grandma makes us bread like that every year when we come.. soooo yummy!!!

Terri

Anonymous said...

Blog is looking great Em. I love reading these stories and seeing pictures of family traditions..