Saturday, April 4, 2009

recycling














I have decided to start recycling at our house. Unlike the states there doesn't seem to be a pick-up service. I have heard rumors of one inside Didim city center and I saw a truck once from çevko but there aren't any specifics on their website. Recycling is not yet a routine in Turkish culture. I must say they reuse alot though such as plastic grocery store bags in the garbage cans.

I found the above recycling bins in the Migros supermarket so i plan to save my recycling and load it up in my car to take to town. I guess start small. Maybe after I can get my in-laws interested and eventually our cafe. I think I would need a pick up service for the cafe though.

Does anyone have any information regarding this? Ideas?

2 comments:

You know who... said...

Rock on! Small changes only build and perpetuate once they get moving.

Verity said...

I'm glad to see that Migros has those - the only recycling bins I had seen were at Ikea. Anyway I will have to check out our local Migros and get back to recycling again! Other than that I have only noticed the people that come around collecting cardboard, tins etc trailing those huge white bags on wheels around.