Friday, April 17, 2009

Winter showers have brought April flowers...


















The seasons in Didim are a bit different than the rhythm I an used to...April showers bring May flowers. There have been flowers popping up everywhere for weeks helped by the previously rainy winter season and all this sun we have been having. I am pretty sure the rain is finished and the temperature will escalate from here on out! I am going to be a hot pregnant momma...whew! The above tree is fabulous right now with it's playful pops of yellow puff balls. I like the light in this photo too. It was dusk and Çağlar and I were out for a nice romantic dinner :)...


















One of my favorite passed times recently is walking Tequila and picking bouquets of flowers to stick anywhere people will let me. There is always some new bud or variety to notice. These I placed on the cafe tables outside. I think it is a welcoming touch.


















The wild poppies with there vibrant red hue and translucent paper like leaves still impress me every year! The grow all over the Aegean seaside this time of year. The above photo is from one of my husband and I's first road trips together two years ago(how time flys) through Ephesus historical site and after it was on to meet his parents for the first time. The funny thing was my hair had streaks of red about as vibrant as those poppies from my first encounter with a Turkish hair dresser, (seriously funny other story!), but his parents still welcomed me, the punk rock American girl with open arms.

2 comments:

Grandma USA said...

Em,
You sure haven't lost your flower picking love and talent. You have been doing it since you could bend over without falling over. Looks like baby dear will have lots of flowers to learn how to do it also. Turkey is a beautiful country.Love to all.

mauds to the dauds said...

That tree looks like dandelions... is it edible!? Just kidding. Looks beautiful sister