Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Column: Eskişehir and helping hands...


















This is one of the painted domed ceilings of a mosque in the Odun Pazarı, old part of Eskişehir.

Another of my columns, A JOURNEY WITHIN came out through Voices Altinkum Newspaper here in Didim.

In this story I reminisce about first coming to Eskişehir and the people that helped us along the way.

ESKIŞEHIR means old city in Turkish but is actually known as a very modern, young person’s city or student city because of the two large universities located there, Anadolu Üniversitesi and Ozmangazi Üniversitesi. It is this Anatolian city located between İstanbul and Ankara where I spent my first months in Turkey through my student exchange in 2007.


















The keeper of the Korans(not the man I speak about in my article.)

1 comment:

your seester said...

I like the renovation of the site!