Monday, October 19, 2009

Melt my heart...













I love sleep. I am just a person that requires a full 8 hours to function. My father could get by on 4 and I always was amazed by that.

Being a new mom who is breast feeding you do not get that straight 8 hours. You wake up every 3 or so hours a night to feed your child. Sometimes I hear here start to fuss at 3AM. I think just five more minutes please...but then I awake and look down at my adorable little girl that is so dependent on me and I wake right up.

She recently started smiling...and that is what really melts my heart! I am yet to capture it on film but oh my goodness...melt my heart!

1 comment:

Karen Fullerton said...

Emily,

Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL! My name is Karen, I am Roger and Kathy Fullerton's oldest daughter. I have so loved and adored your parents and hearing about all of you, for years now. I don't think we've seen each other for at least 20 years, when we were just little tiny ones! I think of all of you, all the time. Your blog is inspiring and my mom and I are hoping to see you all soon before you head "home" to Turkey. I'd love to meet your dear Mavisu! You're all in our families' thoughts, daily.

I had the pleasure of a BBQ at my parents house with your parents in just July and must say it was one of the most lovely evenings I spent all summer. Sipping wine, sharing good food and laughing. I continue to hope for strength and courage for all of you as you continue this journey---your wonderful father, he (is)was SO like my dad as well. Lucky girls we are! :)They were two peas in a pod! Your dad is so very much missed and we are all so blessed, every heart he touched.

Keep writing and posting photos, I have enjoyed your blog ever since your mom shared it with me a few months ago-great work!!!


Take Care,

Karen Fullerton