Thursday, November 12, 2009

Elimination communication; ie: baby potty training!


















Ok so I heard about this from my sister...she had been in Costa Rica for the summer working at this enviromental learning center, Rancho Mastatal in the jungle... pretty sweet but that is a different story.

She told me how the little girl who was only one year old would use a hand signal when she needed to use the potty. She can't talk yet but is signally for the potty! My sister suggested I teach Mavisu to do the same.

At first I thought it seemed a bit crazy, let's be honest but was willing to at least read the book and give it a try.

I got the book from the library and it took me forever to read as I have a newborn and life is on baby time...how does the time fly by? (oh but I love her so much!)Tip to new moms...have it close to you for everytime you breast feed you can read.

So I read Ingrid Bauer's book, Diaper free! The Gentle Wisdom of Natural Infant Hygeine. and it made a lot of sense. That this early potty training only actually sounds crazy to the western world. That you tune into your child and watch facial expressions and noises to know when they need to relieve themselves.

So I started with Mavisu yesterday...and havn't had time to write about it...

life is different these days...been trying to finish this blog entry for days!!! but i am a new momma who can't seem to find the time and must learn to do all things one handed!!! love it but is a whole new world!!!!!!

i'm tired...will go into detail later about how it is going...my baby using the potty...

note: her leg warmers for easy diaper on and off...ohhh she is cute!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em- I absolutely love the legwarmers:)
If anyone can potty train a one year old, it's you!
Miss you tremendously!
Hopefully I will get to see you in MN. Give Mavi a big kiss for me and tell Caglar and the Family I say hi.
Bree

Photographer said...

hi, there's a nice blog of mommy doing Ec: http://www.sewliberated.typepad.com/. Just wanted to ask you, where did you get legwarmers like that? I want to start potty training with my 1 yr old, we are in Kusadasi. Also, do you know of any organic/free range dairy reliable source? Thank you. The pic of you and little darling in sling is precious.

Photographer said...

hi, there's a nice blog of mommy doing Ec: http://www.sewliberated.typepad.com/. Just wanted to ask you, where did you get legwarmers like that? I want to start potty training with my 1 yr old, we are in Kusadasi. Also, do you know of any organic/free range dairy reliable source? Thank you. The pic of you and little darling in sling is precious.

Anonymous said...

ITs truely a nice book. I also found some good tips at this Baby Potty Training website.

emily ohhhsweetturkey said...

Dear photographer, I got the legwarmers in america...sorry but have no idea of where to get them in turkey. Also not sure about the organic dairy except for eggs...we have local farms next to our house. How is EC going for you? You definitely have to dress your baby differently to be able to fully accomplish it. I just started using cloth diapers also.