Friday, February 8, 2008

Kolonya


















Afiyet Olsen this is the Turkish way to say bon appetit. Enjoy your meal. After every meal you go up to the cashier to pay. Someone is there ready and willing to pour you Kolonya. It is lemon flavored rubbing alcohol that they slather over the hands. I guess it is supposed to clean your hands? Kill the germs? Leave you with a fresh after dinner feeling? Blah...I think it smells like a cleaning products not the sweet perfum that Turks take it for. They even do it when you travel on the bus. The pre-snack ritual I guess because you can't wash your hands. It makes me chuckle. They always look to me strangly when I refuse this after dinner ritual. One more thing...the interesting after dinner breath freshener is a clove. Quite nice.

No comments: