Monday, February 15, 2010

It takes a village to raise a child...



















OK...I get it now...

It takes a village to raise a child...
-African proverb


I miss our villages, we are lucky enough to have two, Wayzata and Didim.

But we are doing it just us...we are strong...just tired...and the house is messy...a trail of stuff...

Yesterday was Valentine's Day and I didn't even remember until 5 o'clock p.m...

Baby girl woke up at 4:30 A.M. that day and hubby and I went back in forth fighting about who gets less sleep then the other...I cried...I do not do well with out sleep or food..

fortunately then we laughed...

Today is our three year anniversary of the first day we met. I will always remember him looking stunning in his Kermit the frog green hooded sweatshirt, black hair and dark eyes...always looking...magnetic...his sexy confidence about him...my frog prince charming...

Made something yummy tonight for dinner from my HUGE "How to cook everything" cookbook by Mark Bitman:

Wheat berries cooked in separate pot
saute an onion in olive oil
add thyme and chopped walnuts
add wheat berries when cooked through
heat together and yummy!
Good combo

We ate it fast and cold such is our new life but together and still was good...

Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.
-Elizabeth Stone

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there

Unknown said...

Emily,
I read the last couple of your posts and just had to send you a message about your "tin cup" entry.
You mother taught me how to teach our little boys to drink from a little tin cup, too! She gave us this little tin measuring cup, dented from much use no doubt making wonderful, nourishing food for loved ones. And she was the first one to hold our precious little goofy guys and help them take their first sips from it. It is a memory that is wrapped up tight in my mind and I will always hold it dear.
We have that little tin cup stashed away in our childrens' memory box and will share the story with them some day.
It is just one of the many ways in which your mom has influenced me in parenting. I am so grateful to be her sister, even though I am more developmentally like a child in comparison, having had no real mom to speak of. But she didn't judge my lack of parenting skills, she just showed by example. Always with great love. And a gentle graciousness that she has passed on to each of her children.
I know you realize how lucky you are to have her, but I wanted you to know there are others who realize how lucky WE are to have her woven into our lives as well.
We are blessed and smart enough to know it!!
Take care Emily -
Love,
Aunt Sharon