Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Almond Joy














What brings you joy? Something that brightened my day was when my mother sent me this email about my adorable grandparents...Lennie and Phemie. My mother wrote, "It's so cute, they have a new ritual at night. Dad eats the two nuts out of the Almond Joy and Mom gets the rest. (she can't eat nuts) then it's two kisses and I love you and off to bed. Such simple things like you said are often the best. I just always feel good after I leave there. Believe me I know what mothers mean to daughters." Yes mother...I know too. I love traveling but sometimes it is hard being away from my family. They are my root system and they keep me strong. Even though my family isn't right by my side I have meet some good friends here in Turkey. This photo makes me laugh. I went to a friend's late at night after dancing. He insisted on making tea even though it was around five a.m. and we should be going to bed...He didn't have any tea so he rushed down to the store. He came back with a pack of cigarettes, some tea, nescafe packets(just in case I wanted that instead), and sugar cubes wrapped in newspaper. Tesekkur ederim...Thank you to my friends and family

No comments: